OMSA Spring Conference
The OMSA Spring Conference will take place on Tuesday, March 26th at the New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center.
The Conference will kick off at 9:00 am and end at 5:00 pm with a networking reception!
9:00 am – 12:30 pm: Conference Sessions
12:30 – 1:30 pm: Lunch on Own
1:45 – 5:00 pm: Conference Sessions
5:00 – 6:30 pm: Networking Reception
New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
859 Convention Center Boulevard
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130 USA
Morning Sessions Include:
- A presentation on leasing activity and further Gulf of Mexico activity by Barry Obiol, Regional Director, BOEM.
- Louisiana State Issues Update. Speakers included: Parish President Gordon Dove, Commissioner Jim Donelon, and Chris Coulon, Adams and Reese.
- OMSA Housekeeping, including elections for Board of Directors.
Afternoon Sessions Include:
- An important update on the Jones Act by Sam Giberga, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Hornbeck Offshore Services.
- Furthering the OMSA/CCA partnership, David Cresson, Executive Director, CCA Louisiana, will be announcing an important program to fund the creation of numerous offshore reefs.
- Marine cyber security update by Nick Parham, OCS AMSC Secretary & fellow Port Security Specialist, USCG 8th District.
As always, please contact me directly at Ashley.Smith@Offshoremarine.org with any items you would like to see addressed.